Ancillary Probate

When a non-Michigan resident dies with property in his or her resident state, probate will be required in that state. If the non-Michigan resident also owns property in Michigan then an "ancillary probate" proceeding in Michigan will be required.

Ancillary probate is commenced in the Michigan County where the decedent's Michigan property is located. The Michigan ancillary probate is coordinated with the out-of-state probate.

If you are involved in probate outside of Michigan but anticipate an ancillary probate proceeding in Michigan, please call us for a free consultation (888-526-4489).